Reuter seeks a Federal Reserve reporter
Reuters is seeking a top-notch Federal Reserve Reporter to join our U.S. Economic and Monetary Policy Coverage team. The position requires a journalist ready to break news on and pursue initiative reporting about Federal Reserve policy developments and the key policymakers behind those actions, with a particular focus on the New York Fed, the most important of the system’s 12 regional banks.
Based in either New York or Washington, the ideal candidate will be able to build sources among the bank’s leadership and among other Fed officials and the private sector economists and finance sector players who regularly interact with the central bank, and then deliver high-impact stories about economic policy as it is evolving, including scoops and exclusives.
As a key member of our Fed and U.S. Economics team, this individual must be a great collaborator who is prepared to distinguish the Reuters file with deeply reported stories about the bank, the formation of U.S. monetary policy and the direction of the U.S. economy overall. The beat also has a demanding spot news component, including speeches by New York Fed President John Williams and other top officials from the Fed Board and regional Fed banks. The New York Fed also produces key economic data and research that commands coverage.
About the Role:
As a Federal Reserve Reporter you will:
- Provide quick and accurate coverage of market-moving Federal Reserve events and critical economic data
- Break exclusive news and deliver sophisticated stories on the economy, monetary policy and the Federal Reserve
- Crunch the numbers in economic data and untangle their meaning at speed for a global audience
You’re a fit for the role of Federal Reserve Reporter if you have:
- A comprehensive understanding of the Fed, the economy and monetary policy
- A proven record of scoring scoops and exclusive and identifying and delivering deeply reported stories
To apply, go here.