Axios seeks associate editor, newsdesk
Axios is hiring an associate newsdesk editor to help manage the flow of news stories as they break.
You will be coordinating with reporters and working with the managing editors to ensure copy gets up on the stream in a timely fashion. You will also be communicating closely with the audience team to best optimize breaking news stories on appropriate social channels.
- Demonstrated interest in news and the evolution of the media industry
- Experience reporting or editing on a breaking news desk
- Familiarity with SEO to optimize story views
- Proven attention to detail on fact checking and copy editing
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in high-pressure news environments
- Interest in editing career path
- Willingness to work nights and weekends
To apply for this job, go here.