TheStreet is seeking a talented writer for our digital operations focused on breaking, trending, and viral market related news content that serves knowledgeable and passionate financial audiences with the latest insights. This writer will produce quick and shareable market related content covering trending and market moving news of the day. We’re looking for an ambitious candidate with sound journalistic skills who thrives working in a fast-paced environment. Applicants should be able to write quickly and clearly. The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment is essential.
The Arena Group’s expected annualized base salary range for this position is currently $50,000 – $65,000. Actual salaries will vary based on multiple factors including, but not limited to location, education, experience and other factors permitted by law. The listed salary range is but one component of The Arena Group’s total compensation and benefits available to its employees.
What YOU’LL Do:
- Write breaking and trending content based on the daily market news
- Assist in identifying potential stories by closely monitoring breaking news and trending topics via social media, Google, and other tools
- Provide input on compelling story ideas and concepts that attract audiences
- Assist in providing interesting insights and analysis that are engaging, impactful, and shareable
- Assist in creating rankings, lists, and comparisons that stimulate passionate investors
- Produce quality stories at a high volume
- Understand digital audiences, traffic sources across search and social, and how to capture those audiences
What YOU’LL Bring:
- BA/BS degree in journalism, English or related field
- Demonstrated experience in print or online journalism at a recognized news organization
- Possesses an understanding of the online media landscape
- Strong editorial and communication skills
- Comfortable with a fast-paced virtual newsroom
To apply, go here.