The Real Deal’s editors oversee content on TheRealDeal.com and in our monthly magazine.
Editors work with reporters on a day-to-day basis to perfect the content and copy of news articles and features. The Real Deal looks for editors to be newsroom leaders, capable of assigning stories and guiding journalists through the reporting process. Editors must have excellent editorial judgement, strong communication skills, and flawless grammar.
This role will work closely with the New York team, focusing on reporters on the commercial real estate beat.
This role will focus on The Real Deal’s monthly magazine, spearheading the assignment, oversight, and editing of features, profiles and investigations for our flagship product.
- Assign and edit articles for TheRealDeal.com and the magazine, ensuring that they are accurate, well-written, and meet the publication’s standards for quality.
- Manage and work closely with multiple reporters, providing guidance and feedback on their stories.
- Manage the production process, ensuring that articles are published in a timely and efficient manner.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in the real estate market and industry, and assign stories accordingly.
- Monitor the website’s traffic and engagement metrics, and use the data to inform editorial decisions.
- Foster relationships with industry experts, sources, and readers to ensure that the publication remains relevant and well-informed.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong communication skills and management ability, with a track record of fostering positive relationships with journalists, sources, and readers.
- Deep understanding of the practices and ethics of business journalism
- 5 years of experience as an editor, with a proven track record of producing high-quality editorial content
- Knowledge of the real estate market and industry, including current trends and developments
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with digital media and experience using content management systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree in Journalism is preferred, but not required
To apply, go here.