Forbes is looking for a smart, well-sourced Music Writer to cover the business of music focusing on industry insiders and power players, track trends and write engaging stories on subjects that include uncovering and dissecting the strategies behind billionaire actors in the industry, highest-paid stars, innovative startups, entrepreneurs that are transforming the industry, and behind the scenes numbers stories on headline topics.
The ideal candidate understands the breadth of the beat, has an interest in markets and entrepreneurship and how they are affecting the industry, its top earners, biggest companies and most powerful figures, as well as cultural trends that are having a financial impact. The candidate relentlessly pursues big scoops, and thrives in a fast-paced environment, where creativity and teamwork are highly valued.
Location: Must be based in the U.S. Otherwise, no preference.
- Covers the world’s most successful entertainers and industry power players
- Monitors day-to-day music industry news
- Breaks stories and delivers scoops before the competition
- Contributes to Forbes’ flagship lists
- Works on Wealth valuations related to the Music beat
- Writes longer-form stories and investigative pieces for the website and the magazine
- Searches through SEC documents and financial data to aid reporting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understands financial terms, markets and international tax laws
- Has at least five years of experience in financial/business reporting
- Shows previous success breaking news, covering music’s big players & writing thoughtful
- Proficient experience reading and analyzing financial data
- Be deeply sourced
To apply, go here.