At ALM, we’re reinventing the way professionals use information, news, data, marketing solutions and events to manage the business of business. Headquartered in New York City and with offices worldwide, ALM brands have been serving their markets since 1843. Join our team of talented ALMers working to create an exceptional experience for our audiences and customers across the globe.
Who We Are…
Here at ALM, we are a customer-focused and market-driven company dedicated to the success of our internal customers and the customers we serve with our information products and marketing services and events. Our teams deliver premium content to professionals in the legal, financial services, benefits, consulting, property and casualty insurance, and real estate industries.
Salary Range: 70,000 – 75,000 USD Annually
The referenced salary range is based on the Company’s good faith belief at the time of posting. Total compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.
ABOUT THE TEAM: As part of ALM’s global newsroom, the business of law team is focused on covering the news, trends and issues involving the largest law firms in the world. We’re focused on delivering breaking news, analysis and features about issues that impact large and midsize law firms’ business, such as mergers, staffing concerns, geographic expansion, management and compensation. You’ll be writing for such notable publications as The New York Law Journal, The American Lawyer, The National Law Journal and others.
ABOUT THE POSITION: ALM, publisher of The New York Law Journal, The American Lawyer, The National Law Journal and other award-winning national, international and regional publications, seeks a full-time reporter to cover law firms and the legal industry in New York. This reporter will cover the business operations and strategies of law firms founded in the state, from midsize and regional practices to international law firms among the largest in the world. We’re looking for someone who is ready to break news, craft features and develop a broad and deep network of sources in the region.
Anticipated start date is January 8, 2024.
- Produce breaking news stories on tight deadlines for readers in New York and national markets
- Develop sources and establish and broaden a base of industry contacts
- Produce enterprise articles, including features and investigative pieces, while juggling daily news commitments
- Work well in a team environment with colleagues based around the world
- Average 5-7 stories per week, including at least one enterprise story a week
- Demonstrated reporting and writing skills, especially for a business audience
- Ability to develop ongoing source relationships
- Good interviewing skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience covering the legal industry a major plus
- Must be able to write quickly, but also be able to pivot and do enterprise stories
- Must be team-oriented and have good communications skills and a can-do attitude
- Must have degree in journalism, communications, English or similar background
- At least 2 years journalism experience preferred
- A self-starter, but open to taking direction
To apply, go here.