Business Insider seeks tech billionaires reporter
Business Insider is hiring a full-time reporter to tell compelling visual stories for its tech section about the industry’s biggest figures.
This reporter would cover everything related to such luminaries Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, and Satya Nadella. Coverage would include how they live their lives, run their companies, and what ideas and creeds inspire them — even what they wear on their feet.
Bill Gates’ summer reading list, Elon Musk’s rules for meetings, and Jeff Bezos’ yacht vacations would all be in this reporter’s purview.
The reporter would pitch, shoot, and write their own stories on these topics and be equally adept at sourcing photos from online outlets and going out to shoot their own.
The ideal candidate would consider themselves both a photographer and a journalist with excellent news judgement who is curious and passionate about what’s going on in the world of tech.
You will write stories like:
- Bill Gates and Elon Musk share a daily scheduling habit that helps them tackle their busy routines
- A look at the demanding schedule of Elon Musk, who works in 5-minute slots, skips breakfast, and largely avoids emails
- These are 8 strict workplace rules Elon Musk makes his Tesla employees follow
- A Silicon Valley stylist reveals which fashion labels her elite clientele are obsessed with
- Silicon Valley’s ultimate status symbol is the sneaker. Here are the rare, expensive, and goofy shoes worn by the top tech CEOs.
- A photo of a $400 million yacht rumored to be owned by Jeff Bezos went viral, but Amazon says it’s not his
- Excellent writing skills
- A passion for telling visual stories
- Interest in reporting on a variety of topics
- Experience taking and editing original photos
- The ability to work at a fast pace as part of a team
Copy editing skills and light HTML experience are a plus.
This is a full-time position based in our San Francisco office. Insider Inc. offers competitive compensation and full benefits packages.
Created for the digital generation, Business Insider is the largest business news site in the U.S. and one of the fastest-growing news brands in the world. We embrace the themes of positive change and innovation and use fast, fun, and informative storytelling to cover the business, tech, and finance news stories you need to know to work, play and live better.
If this sounds like your dream job, APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you want to be our new visual features reporter.
To apply, go here.