Dow Jones is looking for an Editor in Chief/Managing Editor to lead Barron’s newsroom, Barron’s magazine, Barron’s digital, Barron’s conferences and Barron’s newsletters.
The right candidate has unrivaled knowledge of the financial industry, wealth management, business, and investing, coupled with a stellar background as an editor. She or he will have deep experience managing financial or business reporters, editors and publications. The right candidate has a track record of building digital audiences, in particular digital subscriber audiences.
Barron’s is one of the world’s leading brands in financial journalism, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers in digital and in print, a thriving conference business and a strong digital presence. The position as Editor in Chief offers a unique possibility to accelerate Barron’s profitable expansion, launch new ventures, help shape a world-renowned newsroom, and deliver ambitious, impactful journalism.
Specific requirements include:
- Management experience overseeing global financial newsroom or publication
- Fluency in modern digital publishing, particularly with subscriber publications and services
- Deep knowledge of financial industry, investment world and business in general
- Track record of leading and conducting impactful, world-class journalism
- Track record of managing and leading change
- Rich experience in working closely with senior corporate executives on strategy and execution
- Ability to hire top talent
- Minimum requirement of seven years as a manager
To apply, go here.