Media Moves

Update on murdered Forbes editor in Russia

April 12, 2006

Lawyers representing the defendants in the alleged murder of former Forbes editor in Russia, Paul Klebnikov, have come out and said that the prosecution has not provided enough evidence to convict their clients, according to Russian media reports.

The report notes, “Ruslan Koblev, a lawyer representing Fail Sadretdinov, a Moscow notary suspected of involvement in the murder, said: ‘We are astonished. The prosecutors did not provide evidence of Sadretdinov’s guilt.’

“Koblev said prosecutors had also failed to provide evidence to prove that that the murder had been committed by two other ethnic Chechens, Kazbek Dukuzov and Musa Vakhayev.”

The defense was expected to begin presenting its case today.

Subscribe to TBN

Receive updates about new stories in the industry daily or weekly.

Subscribe to TBN

Receive updates about new stories in the industry.