The South Florida Business Journal, the award-winning business news leader, is looking for a Managing Editor. The ME, in one of the hottest markets in the country, is the newsroom’s chief operating officer, overseeing the orderly flow of content across multiple platforms: online, mobile, email, print and social media. As the newsroom’s most hands-on manager and coach of reporters, the ME is charged with bringing ideas, inspiration, and constant guidance to the content team.
Guides the constant programming efforts of the content team, and as such, must possess a solid news sense, an ability to make snap judgments about the proper treatment of stories, and a high level of confidence in orchestrating the many simultaneous actions of the editorial team members. Organization is key for this management position, which reports directly to the Editor-In-Chief
- Strong wordsmith with a talent for reporting and story development.
- Solid news sense, and ability to make snap judgments about the proper treatment of stories.
- Serves as inspiring, motivational force in newsroom.
- Ability to work independently.
- Comfortable operating in rapidly changing media environment.
- Work collaboratively with editors, photographers, designers and others to maximize the impact of stories reported.
- Work under deadline pressure.
- Hands-on experience in guiding and contributing to large-scale editorial projects.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of management and/or team leadership experience required.
- Daily and/or weekly print experience for a business news operation.
- Editing experience.
- Beat reporter experience
To apply, go here.