Reuters launches new homepage
Reuters launched a new home page on Friday with more visuals and a stronger multimedia presentation.
The new home page was released simultaneously in the United States, Great Britain, India, Germany, Japan and China.
On the new home page, readers will find:
- The Wire, a real-time news stream highlighting Reuters agenda-setting news coverage from around the world;
- The biggest and most important stories of the day, front and center, curated by online editorial teams in each region;
- Markets data in a more prominent place, so readers can quickly get the latest pricing and intraday movement across equities, bonds, currencies and commodities;
- Feature modules showcasing the best in Reuters multimedia, long-form investigative pieces, commentary, podcasts and ongoing coverage;
- Bigger visuals and faster load times;
- New ad formats providing enhanced viewability for advertisers and introducing new share of voice opportunities across all Reuters.com platforms.
“Reuters visuals are among the best in the world, and this new homepage design enables us to feature our multimedia coverage in a more compelling way,” said Reuters Digital executive editor Dan Colarusso, in a statement. “We’re showcasing that depth with a striking visual presentation, while also highlighting our strength in breaking news coverage and speed. It’s the best of Reuters, front and center for the user.”
Reuters launched a mobile redesign in August that led to a 40 percent increase in mobile users.