WSJ Pro seeks an editor
The Wall Street Journal Professional News group is looking for an experienced business journalist to edit specialized content targeting professional audiences.
You will edit and publish copy under the WSJ Pro banner and several verticals focused on C-suite roles. You will also pitch in as needed with newsletters, managing landing pages and content promotion on social media.
We’re looking for someone with a keen understanding of the particular needs of business and financial professionals, and who can publish top-quality content that helps readers understand their industries and do their jobs more effectively. You should have business editing experience in areas such as corporate, finance or technology news.
We’re looking for an accomplished line editor who can spot mistakes and also isn’t afraid to flip the structure of a story or ask important questions when there are holes. Full grasp of grammar, spelling and style rules, compliance with standards guidelines, and factual accuracy are critical.
- Understands the mission of WSJ Pro and how our journalism should be selected and presented in line with those values.
- Exercises strong news judgment in headline writing, editing and fast-paced publishing.
- Proficient in numeracy, draws on deep financial knowledge, and is confident analyzing the data behind a story in real time.
- Can edit for grammar, style, sense, jargon, accuracy, structure, balance and fairness.
- Upholds WSJ standards and ethics.
- Digital and social media skills
- Easily adjusts to editing on different systems and platforms and various formats and styles.
- Meets deadlines.
- Understands workflow beyond your own needs.
To apply, go here.