WAMU 88.5 is Washington DC’s leading public radio station for NPR news and information.
In this role, you will ensure the production of insightful, relevant, compelling news stories about the D.C. region. You will also be overseeing both daily reporting and enterprise stories.
- Spearheads editorial work in key content areas
- Edits original stories for DCist, working with staff writers and freelancers to develop story ideas, conceive of angles, craft compelling narratives, and generate headlines
- Helps maintain daily editorial calendar and coordination
- Executes social media strategy for DCist stories, identifying creative and effective ways to engage the audience
- Serves as a representative and ambassador for DCist and WAMU
- Superb writing and editing skills
- A proven understanding of how to build and activate digital audiences around news content
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 3-5 years of relevant experience
More details here.