USA Today seeks an editor on Money and Consumer Tech desk
USA Today is looking for an experienced, competitive editor to join its Money and Consumer Tech news team as a NOW Editor. This editor will help assign and edit breaking and trending Money and Consumer Tech news and work closely with reporters, columnists and other contributors on longer-term and enterprise work.
This is a fast-paced job that requires urgency to get news out quickly (and update as needed) while also ensuring appropriate context and accuracy. Excellent news judgment, editing and fact-checking skills are required.
This editor also will curate content from partners, wires and across the USA Today Network, and oversee posting it to our platforms.
The editor should also be a team player, capable of working collaboratively with editors and other reporters throughout USA Today and the 100-plus sites in the USA Today Network.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Can edit and post breaking or in-the-moment news and enterprise.
- Optimize content, paying special attention to headlines, SEO and fields visible to social audience.
- Drive innovative storytelling in all formats, from written word to video, audio and graphics.
- Lead teams and coach reporters not only on reporting and accuracy but also urgency and context.
- Use social and other tools to spot high-interest items ahead of the competition.
- Uphold the highest standards of journalistic integrity and credibility.
- Has experience assigning, reporting or editing business, personal finance and/or technology news.
- Is comfortable working with colleagues remotely and across time zones.
- Has at least two years’ experience as an editor.
To apply, go here.