USA Cycling is looking for writers
USA Cycling is seeking freelance writers to assist in writing content for usacycling.org to share the stories of the USA Cycling National Team and their international racing success on a biweekly basis.
Deadline: 30 April 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY
USA Cycling is the national governing body for the sport of cycling in the United States and oversees the disciplines of road, track, mountain bike, cyclocross, and BMX. With a mission to develop the sport of cycling in the United States at all levels and to achieve sustained international racing success, USA Cycling supports cyclists from enthusiasts just beginning in the sport to seasoned professionals. We may be best known for the identification, development, and selection of cyclists to represent the United States in international competition, but equally important is our support of amateur bike racing through grassroots development programs and the provision of critical infrastructure to run organized racing. Recently, we have broadened our mission to support enthusiasts and the events in which they participate like gran fondos and fun rides.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Be capable of writing 2-3 articles per month, 400-700 words each.
- Be comfortable conducting interviews
- Have extensive knowledge of competitive cycling for Road, Track, BMX Racing, BMX Freestyle, Mountain Biking, and Cyclocross.
- Deliver article within one week of assignment
- Deliver article ready to publish without errors
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Write a short introduction about yourself
- Include a paragraph highlighting your writing experience, relevant credentials and publication credits
- Attach links to your strongest work or portfolio, and online profile.
- $200 per article