Triangle Biz Journal seeks a digital editor
Triangle Business Journal’s Digital Editor is responsible for the day-to-day management of all online content and owns the execution of the online content strategy across multiple platforms and products, including Web, email and mobile. It is mandatory that the candidate thrive in a breaking-news culture and has demonstrated content programming experience in an online environment.
The primary goal of the Digital Editor is to craft timely and compelling products that drive loyal engagement, grow audience, increase the paper’s premium subscriptions, and extend the Triangle Business Journal brand in the digital space. The job requires solid news judgment, strong headline writing skills and familiarity with SEO and site metrics. The Digital Editor must balance the highest standards for content with ambitious traffic and engagement objectives.
The Digital Editor edits and curates TBJ’s Morning edition and Afternoon edition newsletters.
In addition to working with staff, the Digital Editor is expected to curate, report and write posts as well as produce interactive features, galleries and video — working collaboratively with the graphics editor, photographer and the videographer. The end result should be a rich and vibrant digital experience that serves the Triangle Business Journal audience, generates user feedback and inspires robust community interaction.
Working with the editors and reporters, the Digital Editor will assist in determining how best to extend and expand online articles for print.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· 3-5 years experience in online news operation
· Strong headline writing and copy-editing skills
· Familiarity with AP Style
· SEO experience
· Video production experience a plus
· Demonstrated use of databases to build interactive elements and features
· Data entry for content management systems
· Html skills
· Excel and/or spreadsheet tools and management
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities, work schedules and/or location may change based on evolving business needsProduce newsy, engaging daily online content
· Generate and execute digital content ideas.
· Track metrics and measure engagement with an eye towards constant improvement.
· Work with Social Media & Engagement Manager to recommend creative approach/strategy for social media executions.
· Work with editors, reporters and other stakeholders to plan new content and features.
· Help staff identify and deploy tactics to meet traffic and engagement goals.
· Work collaboratively with peers in design, research, and technology.
· Produce and maintain all market-specific content on Triangle Business Journal’s website, including local promotions, updated staff lists, rate information, editorial calendars. Local content should be updated a minimum of twice a month, with a target of once each week.
· Handle coding and uploading of weekly files to bizjournals.com.
· Gather and upload selected graphics, photos, informational graphics and info boxes to bizjournals.com.
· Regularly participate in and attend Triangle Business Journal sponsored events.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.
If you are interested in the job, please contact Dane Huffman, managing editor of the paper. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include resume and work samples with your inquiry.