We’re looking for a sports nut who wants to be sports reporter of the Torrington Telegram — a twice weekly, award winning publication.
The Telegram, a 2,400 circulation bi-weekly newspaper, is located 80 miles northeast of Wyoming’s capital city of Cheyenne and not too much further from Colorado’s front range.
This is a great small-town journalism opportunity for the right person who enjoys and recognizes the importance of high school athletics in small, rural communities.
Located in southeastern Wyoming, Goshen County is home to premier agricultural lands and is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream with plenty of hiking, hunting, fishing, photography and other year-round opportunities. Our growing communities offer the perfect environment with a low cost of living — including no state income tax.
The successful sports reporter candidate:
- Must possess strong writing, grammar, spelling and editing skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- We’re looking for a team player who loves writing about sports
- Possesses strong Mac computer experience, solid pagination (InDesign) and design skills and abilities
- Has very strong photography and Photoshop skills
- Has superior work ethic and a great attitude.
- While not required, owning your own camera equipment is a huge plus.
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills and abilities.
- Must be serious and have a strong desire to write, package and publish quality sports and news pages each Wednesday and Friday in a competitive small-town market.
- Will include writing some general news and feature stories
- Working with our small editorial staffs at a smaller weekly in our newspaper group.
- Advancement and management opportunities within a topflight newspaper organization are very realistic for employees with a proven track record.
Send cover letter, résumé and clips to: Rob Mortimore at email@example.com.
For further details click here.