The Senior Video Journalist must first and foremost be an enterprising and experienced reporter with a background in video journalism. We are looking for an idea generator, who’s constantly pitching stories and developing sources. Someone who has a high-level knowledge of news to improve stories. You are able to work autonomously, and bring a passion for daily and breaking news: from immediate coverage that takes our audience to the scene of an ongoing story, to scoops, hard-hitting investigations and original on-the-ground reporting. We’re looking for candidates that can develop video coverage in any news situation, whether it is setting up and monitoring live video feeds, finding and verifying social video, or reporting and producing in the field. Please note, this is not an entry level position and it is not a position for someone who is interested in producing documentaries. We’re looking for people who excel under the pressure of newsroom deadlines and have a track record of working quickly, while juggling multiple projects at a time.
You are eager to innovate, have impeccable news judgment, and technical and editorial expertise. Editing experience and cinematography skills are an asset. You are a self-starter who will jump on breaking news, can spot trends, generate original ideas and who thrives on working collaboratively with a team.
- 8+ years of journalism experience (preferably in a digital video or broadcast newsroom)
- Carry out all aspects of video production including researching, writing, shooting, editing and publishing.
- Report on breaking news stories, both remotely and in the field.
- Produce big projects in a range of formats, including linear videos and interactives and oversee the work of others.
- Use wire services, on the ground sources, social media and other open source tools to find and verify newsworthy video footage.
- Set up and monitor live video feeds.
- Produce high-quality video stories independently, while also guiding more junior staff as they develop and report ideas.
- 8+ years of journalism experience.
- The ability to edit quickly with Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Digital video or broadcast newsroom journalism experience.
- Experience reporting under tight deadlines
- Strong editorial news judgment and writing skills, with a passion for breaking news.
- Experience with UGC verification and foreign language skills are a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage schedules, direct crews in the field, and hire and manage freelancers.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel on short notice, and also work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with others while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Expert knowledge of current events, with advanced-level experience covering breaking news stories both in the U.S. and internationally.
Salary: The annual base pay range for this role is between $115,506.56 and $130,000.00.
For more details click here.