The Logic is hiring reporters
The Logic is hiring multiple reporters to be part of an independent newsroom that will shake up Canadian journalism.
We are a made-in-Canada digital media startup that covers the innovation economy. We were founded in 2018 on the belief that Canadians would pay for good journalism.
Combining in-depth reporting, insightful commentary, smart curation and exclusive events, we confront the critical questions that are shaping this country’s economic future.
In the year since our launch we’ve published scores of exclusive stories and won major journalism awards. As we have added subscribers, our staff has doubled, including the creation of a bureau in Ottawa. We’re able to pay our journalists competitive salaries with full benefits. And we’re ready to expand again.
These are full-time staff jobs. Most of The Logic’s team is based in Toronto, but for the right candidate, we’re willing to consider a role based elsewhere in Canada.
Successful candidates will be excited about covering Canada’s economic transformation. Topics may include—but are not limited to—the tech and financial sectors, the changing retail industry, smart cities, automation, artificial intelligence, crypto and blockchain.
Please note applications are due by EOD on Friday September 6.
Not sure if you’re qualified for these jobs? Please apply anyway. We’re hiring talent, not resumes, and we are committed to building an inclusive environment.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
What you’ll do:
- Generate unique story ideas and break exclusive news about Canada’s innovation economy
- Cultivate sources and maintain contacts, file access-to-information requests and find news in public documents and disclosures
- Contribute writing and reporting for projects like The Logic’s Daily Briefing newsletter
Who you are:
- You have a passion for great journalism and a track record of producing it
- You’re organized, focused and able to work both independently and collaboratively
- You file clean copy on deadline
- You have an adaptive and entrepreneurial mindset
- You’re a team player who wants to grow with the organization and who will enjoy mucking in at a startup
To apply, please submit the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter telling us how your reporting would augment The Logic’s coverage and how you’d deliver exclusive stories. At the bottom of the cover letter include up to five examples of investigations or in-depth features you’ve published, with links.
To apply, go here.