S&P Global seeks a renewable energy reporter
S&P Global Market Intelligence is seeking an enterprising journalist to cover financial, operational and regulatory news related to the renewable energy industry in the United States.
The successful candidate will be adept at identifying the most important news developments in the sector, reporting on breaking news and crafting proprietary stories on key industry trends. In addition, our reporters provide on-the-ground coverage of hearings, shareholder meetings, conferences and other significant events.
The Team: With more than 300 journalists across five continents, S&P Global Market Intelligence is rapidly growing its coverage of financial and sector news. You will work closely with editors and journalists around the world. We are the foremost provider of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
The Impact: Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership that includes electric utilities, the renewable energy supply chain, policymakers as well as many leading financial players.
What’s in it for you:
- Grow personally and professionally on a rewarding career path.
- Competitive benefits including four weeks of paid vacation, 18 weeks paid paternity leave and generous tuition reimbursement
- Learn about the market dynamics of an important commodity for the U.S.
- Increase your responsibilities, including reporting, mentoring and editorial leadership.
- Build a robust network of industry and professional contacts.
- Be part of a team that has a deep knowledge and passion about the industry sectors it covers.
- Enjoy a casual working environment.
- Write spot news coverage.
- Write feature-length and longform data-driven stories.
- Establish relationships with sources, analysts and industry authorities.
- Monitor news releases, third-party reports and SEC filings and write briefs.
- Cover conference calls with company executives.
- Attend conferences and events.
What We’re Looking For
- Strong writing and reporting skills, along with excellent news judgment
- Experience operating in a real-time news environment
- Experience with breaking news coverage
- Experience with feature writing
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of the renewable energy or utility industry
- Experience covering regulatory, financial or legal developments.
To apply, go here.