S&P Global Markets seeks top news reporter
S&P Global Markets is seeking a flexible and ambitious financial journalist, with a sense for the interplay of global markets, economics and politics, who is able not only to jump on the world’s biggest breaking stories to a tight deadline but also to produce well-researched and crafted analytical pieces illuminating key international trends.
Areas of coverage would be very diverse, ranging from big cross-border mergers to the economic fallout of geopolitics, bond market upheaval, or trade negotiations as the Trump administration shakes up international relations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Write concise and insightful analysis and breaking news to variable deadlines, in close cooperation with the Top News editor.
- Leverage S&P Global Market Intelligence data and other graphics to deliver valuable insight to readers.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including product developers.
The Impact: This is an exciting new position created by S&P Global Market Intelligence as it expands its financial news service, We are seeking someone capable of perceptive reporting and data savvy writing.
The Career Opportunity: Our newly-established Top News team is intended to provide a showcase for our editorial output at a time when we seek to boost the visibility of our reporting and establish a known journalistic brand, so this will be a high-profile position.
The Team: The successful candidate will work closely with Top News editors and with our teams of journalists around the world. While native-level English and excellent writing skills are essential, other major languages would be an advantage, as would the ability to forge high-level contacts. S&P Global includes S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
- Must possess broad knowledge of finance, markets and world events.
- Must have a track record of financial journalism at a high level.
- Fluency in English necessary. Knowledge of other major languages an advantage.
- Candidates will need to provide samples of recent published work and pass a writing test.
To apply, go here.