The Sacramento Business Journal is looking for an Associate Editor to join our editing team.
The Associate Editor is a critical player in planning and producing weekly print publication, our special reports and honoree publications, and creating a content plan that aligns with our editorial calendar. The ideal candidate is adept at planning and executing special sections and publications, assigning and editing news and trend stories and other content. The Associate Editor is also responsible to find ways to package print content for a digital audience.
The Associate Editor works with other departments to ensure the excellence and integrity of awards publications, events, and other cross-departmental activities.
The Associate Editor reports to the Editor in Chief.
• Solid editor
• Able to get and stay organized
• Able to manage several projects at once
• Creative planner
• Stickler for detail
• Familiarity with AP Style
• Able and driven to collaborate
• Social media acumen required
• Ability to collaborate a must
• Conceive, assign, edit and produce special publications and special sections.
• Conceive, assign, edit and produce business executive profiles and other regular features.
• Work with the researcher to develop data-driven list packages.
• Curate, format and repurpose content for digital and print.
• Edit and proof stories and other content for clarity, context, accuracy, spelling, grammar and consistency.
• As needed, write and edit news items throughout the day for the Business Journal’s digital platforms.
• Assist Editors in managing awards publications, including outreach to judges and awardees.
• Regularly participate in and attend Business Journal-sponsored events.
• Minimum of 3-4 years reporting and/or editing experience in print or online
• Experience managing editorial projects
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Beth Hunt, director of editorial recruiting and development, American City Business Journals, firstname.lastname@example.org