The Ranger is looking for a sports editor/director to join our team covering local area high schools, American Legion baseball, and other area sports. We’re looking for someone who can break news, develop sources and isn’t afraid to ask the tough questions. We also need someone comfortable or having a desire to call play by play and color commentary for both radio broadcasts and live streams.
Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated an ability to:
- Build sources. How will you find exclusive information?
- Write and report with distinction. Can you show us something you’ve done that stands out?
- Work hard. Do you have the motor for a demanding, fast-paced job?
- Build and engage an audience on social media.
- Create audio, video and photo content. Both advertising and sports content
- Color commentary/play by play
- Run a team of independent broadcasters that call local high school and maintain inventory of all equipment
Every candidate should have a track record of reporting and writing interesting stories that promote social engagement. The ideal candidate sees creative story ideas, is comfortable creating audio and visuals, and engages with our readers.
The candidate is critical to our organizational success and is charged with covering news for the area’s newspaper as well as the area’s radio stations. This is a fast-paced beat in a dynamic, engaged community.
The right candidate understands the importance of breaking news quickly and accurately, is versatile, and can add depth and a human perspective to news stories. Candidates should also be able to balance day-to-day news coverage with longer-term enterprise projects.
- Degree in journalism, communications or related field
- Ability to work independently under deadline pressure and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Understanding of the methods and tools used to deliver content across a variety of platforms
- Understanding of social media and digital interaction
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details click here.