Reuters is looking for a driven energy journalist to report on Asia’s huge and fast-growing energy markets.
Focusing on the crude oil markets, this is a high-profile position covering the continent’s growing oil consumption and refining base from a global perspective, as well as the impact of the energy transition on fuel and petrochemical use. The successful candidate will break news, spot fresh industry trends, write data-driven stories and generate an outstanding news file that will include ambitious investigative pieces.
You should be comfortable writing across a range of topics and formats. You will be expected to turn around fast breaking stories in a highly competitive news environment. The role requires the drive and sourcing skills to engage directly with participants in an often opaque market to break news.
As our Asia Energy Correspondent, you will:
- Write daily market reports on Asia’s physical crude markets
- Monitor physical oil cargo movements from producer centres and consumer hubs
- Develop impeccable sources among the top companies trading oil in Asia
- Break news on the most important developments in crude markets and the regional energy sector
- Develop sophisticated understanding of Asia’s largest crude and fuel markets and companies in the sector
- Deep market knowledge needed to identify and report out market-moving themes and trends
- Ability to push story format beyond text include graphics, pictures and TV, as appropriate
- Some regional travel to cover industry events.
As our Asia Energy Correspondent, you will likely have:
- Minimum five years of experience reporting on regional and global energy markets
- Proven ability to break news fast and reliably
- Strong news judgment, ability to write with speed, clarity and accuracy
- A track record in delivering longer-form stories
- An extensive contact book in the Asian energy industry and the enthusiasm and drive to engage directly with market participants to build on that contact book.
- Strong data handling & analysis skills
- Experience working with large global teams
- Excellent written English; preferably fluent Mandarin
To apply, go here.