Reuters seeks a Facebook reporter
Reuters is looking for an enterprising business journalist to cover Facebook and the rise of the big platform technology companies.
We want somebody who can get inside the company and uncover both the many secrets to its success and how it is grappling with the challenges it is facing. As the company shapes political and social movements around the world and turns the advertising industry upside down, digging out what’s happening behind the scenes has never been more important. The Facebook story is a global one, and Reuters is uniquely situated to tell it.
The correspondent will be based in San Francisco and able to collaborate with colleagues in dozens of bureaus around the around the world. A central requirement of the role is being able to break exclusives and execute ambitious enterprise projects.
- Proven skill at reporting and writing distinctive, ambitious, agenda-setting stories
- Ability to cultivate non-obvious sources and to gain access to exclusive documents
- Record of original, high-impact story ideas
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Understanding of multimedia elements to enhance stories, from graphics to pictures and video.
- At least 5 years’ experience reporting or editing at a major news organization
To apply, go here.