Real Deal seeks a Chicago reporter
The Real Deal, an award-winning business publication that covers the real estate industry in New York, Miami, Los Angeles and Chicago is looking for a Reporter to join our Chicago team.
We have been experiencing tremendous success over the last 16 years and we are growing at a rapid rate of 25%+ per year. Our websites garner over 3 million visitors per month and our print publications have a readership of more than 300,000.
- At least 5 years of reporting experience, preferably in a breaking news environment
- Possesses a sharp eye for news
- Can write clean, effortless copy with bite
- Experience and interest in business reporting
- Understands complex financial markets
- Track record of working well under tight deadlines
- Sees the possibilities for groundbreaking stories in the real estate industry
- Knowledge of WordPress and various social media platforms is a plus, as is research experience
- Digging for breaking news stories for the website each day
- Developing sources
- Working on longer form features
- Finding creative, original angles in other publications’ stories
Salary is very competitive, and benefits include access to health insurance and a 401K, plus the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, fast-paced environment with room to grow in the organization.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and 3 relevant writing clips/links.
To apply, go here.