Morning Brew seeks a marketing reporter
We’re Morning Brew—a bunch of smart, dedicated people focused on disrupting and redefining the traditional business news landscape. Also, we’re nice and have great swag. We are looking for a Marketing Writer to join our team.
Morning Brew’s HQ is in New York City, but this role can be remote if needed.
It’s our goal to make the business world more engaging for the modern business leader. How? By giving our audience the news they need in a way they actually enjoy. Across newsletters, podcasts, social, and (soon) even more, we’re building something special. Want in? Read on.
Oh yeah, just so we’re clear… We’re not a coffee company.
Marketing Brew keeps over 100,000 marketing professionals up to date on the latest marketing news and insight. It’s also our newest and fastest-growing vertical.
We’re looking for a writer to ideate, research, and create journalism that helps take this vertical to the next level.
Here’s what you will be working on:
– Pitch and write stories and other associated content for the Marketing Brew newsletter, which goes out every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
– Generate ideas for and lead/co-lead creation of non-newsletter editorial initiatives, enterprise pieces, and evergreen content.
– Conduct research to support creation of key stories and inform longer-term projects.
– Interest and expertise in business writing (added plus for those who have directly covered the marketing industry; extra added plus if you have covered marketing tech).
– At least 1-3 years of professional writing experience
– Ability to write in the Morning Brew style (engaging, informative, clever)
– Understanding of how to analyze and draw conclusions from structured and unstructured data
– Understanding of how to leverage multiple platforms (email, social media, etc.) to engage with the target audience
– Self-starter attitude with ability to operate in a collaborative, quickly-changing environment
– Combination of attention to detail and creative, strategic thinking
– Excellent communication skills with a mindset for collaboration
– Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines
To apply, go here.