Insider seeks an entertainment business reporter
Insider is looking for an entertainment business reporter to cover the continuing digital and cultural transformation of Hollywood, from the streaming wars and the new creator economy to emerging storytellers and reconfigured power structures. You’ll cover the forces disrupting how content creation, dealmaking and distribution are done in Hollywood — including technology shifts and the industry’s drive for diversity, equity and inclusion on screen and behind the scenes.
The ideal reporter writes fast and accurately, but takes the time to tell a story that engages readers. You should be well-sourced among Hollywood players at the streamers, studios and major digital platforms, with solid experience in entertainment business or business journalism. You’ll also be creative, collaborative and flexible in shaping your beat, open to tapping new veins of coverage that connect with our key audiences: industry decision makers and entertainment obsessives.
We’re looking for a self-motivated reporter to hit the ground running and generate original angles, breaking news and exclusive, attention-grabbing stories. This role will be focused on producing enterprise, investigations, features, profiles and smart analysis.
The ideal Entertainment Business Reporter has:
- The ability to pitch, write, and edit quickly and accurately.
- Analytical skills to break down complex narratives for a smart audience that wants the news in a timely fashion.
- A passion to generate journalism that moves the needle with fresh insights, balancing accountability and empathy.
- A knack for juggling multiple ideas and stories that are all at different stages of the reporting and writing process.
- A storytelling style that explains the news thoughtfully and compellingly.
If this sounds like your dream job, apply here with a single PDF containing your resume/CV and cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this role. Please also include links to five pieces of work in your cover letter.
To apply, go here.