Insider seeks a real estate investing editor
Insider is looking for an editor to lead its coverage of real-estate investing as part of the U.S. markets and investing teams.
The editor will oversee a team focused on informing readers about all the different ways everyday people can invest in real estate, from house-hacking to fix-and-flip. This person will explore these tactics in depth and provide examples of them being used in the real world. They will have a keen eye for characters and personalities that can put a human face on stories.
The team will write for the community of people who are always on the hunt for new ways to buy, rehab, rent, refinance, and repeat — or find a new way to invest entirely. It will speak to industry influencers and outline emerging trends. Once established, this person will be given resources to grow a team.
We are looking for an editor and real-estate junkie who has impeccable attention to detail, a digital-first mindset, and the ability to bring out the best in people. The person will be involved in the verification of investor claims as it pertains to both property ownership and monetary returns. The ability to write a great headline is also a must.
The ideal candidate has:
- A background in journalism and proven experience covering real estate for a business publication
- A desire to build both a new beat and a team
- Impeccable writing and editing skills
- Familiarity fielding pitches, helping assign stories, and meeting deadlines in a multi-tasking environment
- A self-starter attitude and strong organizational skills
- The ability to juggle multiple stories while balancing accuracy and speed
- A love of Insider and what we do
- A desire to work as part of a global team in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of SEO and social media best practices
Apply with your resume/CV and cover letter in a single PDF if this sounds like your dream job. If you’re passionate about this role but don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for, apply, we still want to hear from you!
To apply, go here.