ICIS seeks a markets reporter in Houston
ICIS is looking for a market reporter to join our editorial team in Houston, mainly covering developments in the global LNG markets.
You will write analytical content on a range of issues related to trends in energy markets, focusing primarily on the drivers of price movements. Relevant stories include supply and demand dynamics, regulatory or policy changes, analysis of government or external data and reports, etc.
You will be required to analyze and assess prices on a daily basis, develop a network of contacts across the industry and write insightful commentary and news for an expert audience. You are motivated by breaking exclusive news as well as investigating and explaining what this means for our readers.
- Writing insightful news and analysis explaining price trends and direction
- Understanding and analyzing economic, policy and legal developments that affect energy markets
• Analyzing large data sets to produce accurate price assessments
• Building up and nurturing a wide network of industry contacts
• Developing and showcasing expertise on an LNG news beat
• Report on complex topics in an engaging and timely manner, including the use of data visualizations
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in energy, journalism, finance, data science, economics or similar
• Energy market knowledge/interest
• Experience of working with Excel/Excel-based business tools
• Fluent written and spoken English
• High level of numerical accuracy
• Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
To apply, go here.