This position requires a presence in New York.
The Reporter would be responsible for writing several original web stories per week on the real-estate beat and produce in-depth features for the website and our monthly magazine.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in covering money and power and a keen desire to learn how the industry brings together elements of politics, business, entertainment, finance and law. The ability to break news is a must, as is the ability to cultivate sources, pitch story ideas and write clean copy on deadline. Experience in business journalism is a plus.
• At least 2 years of reporting experience, preferably in a breaking news environment
• Can write clean, effortless copy with bite
• Experience and/or interest in business reporting
• Ability to juggle short- and long-term projects
• Track record of working well under tight deadlines
• Sees the possibilities for groundbreaking stories in the real estate industry
• Knowledge of WordPress and various social media platforms is a plus, as is research experience
Who We Are:
The Real Deal is the largest real-estate news outlet in the US, reaching millions of professionals daily through our media channels. We have received 60+ awards for editorial excellence over the past six years, including the General Excellence award from the Society of Business Writers and Editors.
Quantcast rates us among the 300-most visited sites in the US and the website with the wealthiest audience and one of the most educated.
As a publication, The Real Deal is to real estate what Variety is to entertainment or what Politico is to Beltway politics – a plugged-in news outlet that is read by the entire industry.
To apply, go here.