Insider seeks an investing editor in London
Insider is looking for an editor to lead our investing coverage in the UK.
The express purpose of the team is to give readers the most insightful and actionable investment advice possible. That means interviews with the world’s biggest and most influential investors, recommendations from the best firms on Wall Street, and analysis that ties it all together.
The right candidate will know markets inside and out — from stocks to crypto and oil — and be able to connect the dots for our readers. They’ll also have a voracious appetite for high-level discussions with the most brilliant minds in investing. They’ll have a keen editorial eye for proper story selection and framing. And they’ll possess the drive to deliver high-quality work on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate has:
- A background in journalism and proven experience covering investing for a business publication
- Impeccable writing and editing skills
- Familiarity fielding pitches, helping assign stories, crafting headlines, and meeting deadlines in a multi-tasking environment
- A self-starter attitude and strong organizational skills
- The ability to juggle multiple stories while balancing accuracy and speed
- A love of Insider and what we do
- A desire to work as part of a global team in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of SEO and social media best practices
If you’d like some tips on what makes a great resume and cover letter check out our best practices guide here: https://www.businessinsider.com/why-this-is-an-excellent-resume-2013-11.
We have offices in Old Street and are working on a flexible basis. You are welcome to come in, or work remotely.
Are you passionate about this opportunity, but worried that you don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for? We still want to hear from you! Apply online and let us know why you would make a great addition to the Insider community.
To apply, go here.