Insider is looking for a senior editor on our retail desk who will assign and edit stories for the paywall side of our newsroom and collaborate with reporters on all aspects of the reporting process.
The editor will work with our growing team of reporters whose wide-ranging beats include Shopify, Nike, restaurant tech, and grocery delivery. The editor will help reporters identify stories and sources in their specific beats, while keeping tabs on the larger rapidly evolving retail segment.
The ideal candidate for this role will be comfortable with a wide range of story formats and turnaround times, and a pro at guiding collaborative work. Familiarity with the variety of metrics and analytics used in a digital newsroom is a plus.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Be comfortable editing scoops, exclusive features, and ambitious investigative projects in a timely manner.
- Have excellent news judgment to decide quickly on coverage priorities.
- Be frank and polite about feedback to help reporters grow, while always being quick to reward great work.
- Have experience developing newer reporters, while inspiring star journalists to stretch themselves.
- Value diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, story assignments, and sourcing.
- Be well-versed in beat reporting and able to coach reporters on sourcing tactics that help them break into major companies.
- Advise and encourage reporters to generate consistent original reporting that other publications need to chase and executives need to read.
- Be a team player who actively collaborates with Insider’s other reporting teams to elevate all of our tech coverage.
The salary range for the position is $100,000-$130,000. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Insider offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits.
Are you passionate about this opportunity, but worried that you don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for? We still want to hear from you! Apply online and let us know why you would make a great addition to the Insider community.
To apply, go here.