Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from daily coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It’s what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg News is looking for a creative and motivated reporter to join the Economy and Government team based in Taipei. It’s hard to think of a more exciting time to cover Taiwan, and you will sit right in the middle of the action. We’ll expect you to write agenda-setting stories on a range of topics, including how Taiwan is dealing with military threats, the government’s relations with major powers, and its strategy to maintain dominance of the global chip industry. We want a self-starter who will deliver scoops and spot trends before our competitors get to them. You are able to connect the dots and come up with original ideas and thoughtful analysis.
You will be tasked to monitor developments in Taiwan and around the world, and be able to send market-moving headlines quickly and accurately. You will also need to balance the need for spot news with longer-form enterprise pieces, producing stories that are factual, clear and comprehensive under tight deadline pressure. You are comfortable covering both economic and political news and enjoy collaborating with others to leverage the strength of Bloomberg’s global newsroom.
We’ll trust you to:
- Break news on national security in Taiwan, while connecting the dots to craft insightful, enterprise stories
- Build and use your contacts to help Bloomberg chronicle changes in the sector
- Collaborate actively with colleagues across teams, bureaus and continents to write stories and deliver a global perspective to our audience
- Be innovative and think creatively about ways to make our content accessible to a diverse audience of business-savvy readers
You’ll need to have:
- At least 5 years of experience in business journalism
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Sound news judgement and the ability to break news
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A track record of delivering scoops
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Mandarin
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
To apply, go here.