Agenda, a Financial Times publication for directors on corporate boards, is seeking a reporter to join its team of talented and motivated journalists.
This position will cover the audit, risk and strategy beat – an opportunity to dig into how corporate boards are approaching the biggest challenges companies are facing today. Reporting for Agenda is a rare opportunity to write for an audience of highly influential decision makers.
The ideal candidate will join a team of six skilled journalists and contribute to the publication’s high standards of editorial excellence. We seek team players who thrive in a work environment that offers collegiality and support. Agenda is on a growth track and we seek candidates who are willing to adapt and learn as we grow.
This position is based in the offices of Money-Media and the Financial Times, near the Tribeca neighborhood of New York City.
You will be expected to develop in-depth knowledge about the functioning of the audit committee and its responsibilities, such the oversight of companies’ accounting and financial reporting processes, audits and internal controls. The Audit, Risk Oversight and Strategy reporter is also responsible for covering developments in standing risk committees, as well as the full board’s oversight of risk and strategy more generally. This includes topics such as the oversight of supply chain risk, capital allocation, cybersecurity, climate change risk, mergers and acquisitions, spinoffs, strategic and digital transformation, human capital risk, developments in corporate insurance policies, and other topics as agreed by the reporter and editors.
Candidates should be comfortable digging through annual reports, proxy forms and other SEC filings and working with numbers and data.
You will be expected to produce two in-depth and well-researched stories every two weeks for our print/digital issue, as well as regular news stories for our weekly digital-only issue and longer research-driven reports on a quarterly basis.
In addition, you will be expected to contribute to other editorial projects, including video interviews, webcasts and other regular features. There are frequent opportunities to travel to conferences.
Every reporter and editor at Agenda is held to fundamental standards of integrity, honesty and journalistic ethics.
- Knowledge and reporting experience of corporate governance and/or auditing/risk oversight issues are desirable, but not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to write or produce content for a specific niche audience. Experience generating compelling analysis, enterprise story ideas and other content that distinguishes a publication.
- Passion for delivering high-level insights to a sophisticated and engaged readership.
- Attention to detail and strong writing skills.
- A high personal standard of excellence and pride in the work you do.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn. Flexibility and creativity.
To apply, go here.