Popular Science is looking for writers
Popular Science is looking for freelancers with TV and Home Theater-related reviews experience to write some product roundups, explainers, and review for Popular Science’s reviews section.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Popular Science points readers to the wonders of science, technology, and the future. A publication of Camden Media, Popular Science aims to answer the largest questions of our universe—from skunks to space robots, and primates to climates.
ABOUT THE ROLE
They are looking for all kinds of hardware and STUFF reviewers–not just tech–kitchen, home, outdoorsy stuff, apparel, etc. TVs are the PRIORITY right now, but if you have a gear-based beat and want to do some recommending, I can always use more good people.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Write a cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements for the job
- Include a one-paragraph summary of your relevant experience, credentials and publication credits
- Be sure to add your strongest clips or links to published work
- Attach a resume detailing your writing experience.
- $500 for a new roundup or review. Rates for articles and roundup updates vary on depth of research, length, and time.
For more information, visit their website.
Please email all questions and submissions to Mike Epstein, Reviews Editor of Popular Science at: email@example.com.