Dayton Business Journal seeks editor in chief
The Dayton Business Journal, an American City Business Journals newspaper, seeks an editor in chief.
The Editor in Chief, as the highest-ranking newsroom leader, is responsible for product quality and strategy across all platforms, recruiting and developing top-notch talent and building audience. The EIC must be equally at home in print and digital, but leadership and innovation must be particularly pronounced on digital platforms.
To be successful, the EIC must have well-honed news instincts, a burning curiosity about business and people, a deft editing hand and be equal parts leader, entrepreneur, recruiter and content marketer.
– Define a clear and compelling vision for the voice, look and feel of the Business Journal’s portfolio of products, including the print edition, daily emails, digital content and social media strategy.
– Lead development of excellent content on all platforms, guiding content strategy, working directly with reporters where appropriate, coaching editors to work effectively and collaboratively with reporters and setting priorities for newsroom resources.
– Take a proactive, hands-on approach in recruiting, leading and developing other editors and reporters.
– Lead and push staff adaptation to new mediums, platforms, skill sets, story forms, and ways of doing things.
– Share responsibility for growing print, digital and event audiences. Work with other department heads to create business and marketing plans.
– In collaboration with the Publisher, identify and address new business and audience opportunities to extend the brand.
– Meet or exceed goals relating to audience engagement.
– Embrace community and business outreach as an ambassador of Dayton Business Journal, and face of the newsroom, in the region.
To apply, send clips, resume and a cover letter to publisher Donald Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org.