Crain’s Cleveland seeks a publisher
Crain Communications is seeking an experienced and dynamic media executive to lead its city-regional business brand in Cleveland. The ideal candidate will build on the brand’s long history of leadership in the civic-business community and oversee development and execution of the business strategy for Crain’s Cleveland Business, aligning content and products with market opportunities.
This position reports to the Group Publisher of the Crain City Books.
- Directs and coordinates activities of key departments within the brand and its leadership: Editorial, Sales, Custom and Events.
- Focuses on creating/maintaining relationships with the top tier executives within the Cleveland civic, business and community spheres important to news coverage. These include Crain client – and prospective clients
- Attends key client meetings to provide leadership and counsel for the Advertising Director and sales team.
- Leverages community/business/civic contacts to create key alliances, partnerships and revenue opportunities that also position the brand as a leader in the business community.
- Is a key partner in the four-city book Leadership Team with Group Publisher to set priorities, execute strategic plans and measure outcomes.
- Is the “face” of the brand at key Crain’s Cleveland Business events – from the podium to the audience floor meet-and-greets.
- Creates a column/blog or other way of exerting a “voice” from the top of the brand.
- Works closely with Newsroom and all brand departments to build an Audience-first strategy.
- Ensures leadership team uses tools for product and project management, including product P&Ls and SmartSheet Control Center.
- Is accountable for the annual operational plan, including revenue goals, and monitors costs against budget.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, minimum.
- 15+ years of management experience, media or marketing/communications preferred
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, and critical thinking abilities
- Media sales or marketing experience
- Demonstrated leadership and business development skills
- Demonstrated networking and communications skills both in person and written
- Public speaking experience
- Master’s level courses preferred
- Familiarity with Cleveland or Ohio business markets
- Experience working with journalism/media companies or in driving revenue through specialized content and products.
To apply, go here.