CNN Business seeks a reporter to cover media
CNN Business is hiring a writer in New York to deepen its media business coverage. We need a dedicated journalist to help us cover each day’s most-talked-about media stories.
- The ideal candidate must love media and business news, with a strong desire to inform readers about the different ways in which the industry is being upended and the leaders who are at the forefront of change and innovation.
- They should be adept at pitching and covering breaking news stories on a wide variety of media topics including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, labor issues, innovation, misinformation, the state of local newspapers, Big Media and digital media.
- They should be skeptical, but not cynical — genuinely excited to be covering the changes and disruptions occurring in newsrooms, board rooms and beyond, but also ready to take a critical look at them.
- BA preferred or equivalent education/training/experience.
- Good knowledge of or passion for business and media news.
- 3+ years digital experience.
- Must have sound editorial news judgement, an awareness of current business and media news trends, strong communication skills, excellent teamwork and team-building skills.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
To apply, go here.