CNN Business seeks a programming editor
WarnerMedia seeks an Editor for the CNN department.
- Do you have a thirst for news and a knack for making it understandable to regular folks?
- Can you craft a headline or notification to make any story interesting?
- Do you have a passion for finding the perfect visuals to go with a story?
- Are you cool yet still creative under pressure?
- Are you all about making news as engaging an experience as the rest of our digital lives?
Then you should join the CNN Business Programming Team. We take the extraordinary content of CNN Business — from text to videos to interactives — curate and organize them for CNN’s digital platforms, from phones to desktop and the CNN app.
The Programming Editor will collaborate with the CNN Business newsroom as well as with colleagues throughout CNN Digital to understand news priorities and to optimize our essential journalism to reach a wide audience and maximize reader engagement.
The ideal candidate must have a strong command of business and tech news, and a strong understanding of how stories can be packaged together to create a cohesive and sticky experience. This role requires someone who’s willing to try new things while remaining decisive and nimble. Every programming editor needs to think like a reader/swiper/viewer/listener. A fluent understanding of audience data and the ability to apply audience behavior to programming choices are also required.
- Obsessed with finding that perfect alert, headline, image and curation of stories
- Experiment with and optimize our homepages
- Write accurate headlines at high speed, and have outstanding news judgment
- Addicted to audience analytics and A/B testing
- Collaborators and excellent at giving and receiving feedback
- Suggest and execute programming strategies that expand the reach and impact of our content
- Showcase strong editorial judgement to make decisions around content that meets the journalistic standards of CNN
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop, execute, and deliver on big ideas and priorities
- Effectively communicate programming insights to newsroom colleagues
- College degree, in Journalism preferred
- 4+ years of high-level journalism experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid news judgment
- Strong writing skills
- Proven ability to multitask
- Ability to execute during breaking news situations
- Ability to work in a fast pace 24/7 news environment
To apply, go here.