CNBC.com seeks a managing editor
CNBC, the recognized world leader in business news, is seeking an experienced Managing Editor to help steer continuous news coverage at CNBC.com.
Reporting directly to the Executive Editor of CNBC Digital, the Managing Editor of CNBC.com will supervise the digital news team — setting daily coverage priorities and planning longer-term enterprise.
This key role is for a leader who inspires excellence and has experience developing content and ideas for online platforms.
• Supervise team of Reporters, Writers, Editors & Digital journalists who are focused on delivering original and curated multiplatform content
• Serve as a liaison between the digital and TV broadcast teams, harnessing CNBC’s vast news-gathering resources to deliver smart, distinctive journalism with a sense of immediacy
• Support Executive Editor in driving editorial strategy and policy, determining editorial ‘voice’ of content
• Direct daily editorial operations of site
• Allocate resources to achieve strategic and operating goals
• Develop, enhance and maintain relationships with editorial talent
• Build and enhance key internal and external contacts
• Facilitate short and long-term editorial planning with internal and external partners
• Work closely with Ad Sales and Strategic Content team to drive revenue for the site by creating partnership opportunities
• Minimum 8 years’ relevant experience in newsgathering/newsroom environment
• Minimum 4 years’ experience supervising editorial teams
• Strong news judgment and a good sense of the trending topics that will resonate with our audience and burnish the CNBC.com brand
• Superior leadership skills with experience leading editorial teams
• Demonstrable expertise in setting vision and strategy and motivating teams to achieve results
• Ability to focus on smallest details of any given news story – reworking copy or writing headlines, but also be able to zoom out to plot broader strategy for the current site and for CNBC.com’s future
• Excellent writing, editing, & organizational abilities
• Experience managing a successful website, ideally in the business news, news or highly affluent environment
• Ability to work in a matrixed structure and work collaboratively with peers and across the organization
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
• Strong collaboration skills
• Passionate about leading people
To apply, go here.