This person will shoot, write & edit news stories KDKA-TV, and report. Will turn content, front multiple live shots, write copy for the station’s website and use all social media to promote their assignments
- Daily gathering of news and information for various platforms including TV, Digital and Streaming
- Effective communicator in the field with story composition and live reporting
- Ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines
- Excellent news judgment, ability to problem-solve
- Key collaborator with team of producers and managers
- Strong writing and reporting skills; proven ability to react to breaking news situations
- Skilled interviewer & creative storyteller and writer
- Ability to shoot, write & edit
- Able to generate enterprise stories that are compelling and provide a viewer benefit
- Able to build contacts in the community for developing impactful stories
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- College Degree preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience as an MSJ reporting in a commercial broadcast setting including regular live reporting; daily live reporting preferred; proven experience generating enterprise or investigative story angles a plus.
- Knowledge of social media and how to use it to promote to broadcast and the web; experience writing for the web required.
- Knowledge of iNews rundown systems and Grass Valley Stratus, and Edius editing solutions preferred
- Experience with emerging media techniques and equipment in a newsroom setting a plus.
- Must be able to work all shifts
- SAG-AFTRA member
For more information click here.