Business Insider is hiring an editorial fellow to write about the business of influencers.
The Insider Fellowship Program is for early career journalists who want to spend six months learning from a newsroom full of passionate, dedicated journalists. Fellows are assigned to teams and become experts in digital storytelling. They produce real work that is distributed to the company’s audience of millions, and by the end of the six months are prepared for the next phase of their journalism careers.
This fellow will write about YouTubers, Instagram influencers, and other creators, their career rises, and the business behind them in the unique Business Insider style. They will spend their time doing meaningful work: researching, writing, pitching and producing features — even breaking news if the timing is right.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience reporting and writing
- A passion for digital storytelling and voracious reading habits
- Familiarity with digital and social media
- The ability to work quickly and collaboratively with a fast-paced team
Additionally, for this fellowship, the company is looking for someone with the following:
- An interest in YouTube, TikTok and other social media platforms where creators and influencers live: their power players, balance sheets, growth areas, brand safety issues, relationships with top creators, subscription efforts, and so on
- Familiarity with the top creators and influencers and how they are evolving and making money
- Interest in exploring social-media platforms’ sometimes-rocky relationship with creators and how those creators are using the platforms
- Ability to surface and write original articles on these businesses and platforms in order to provide a perspective on the industry that readers aren’t getting elsewhere