Business Insider’s tech team is looking for a full-time reporter to help cover enterprise and business computing — including software, hardware, and cloud services.
Here’s what we need:
- A proven ability to write about business computing — and the companies and people behind it — in plain English without being dull.
- Experience covering Oracle, HP, SAP, Salesforce, IBM, Dell, Cisco, or other large-cap tech companies who sell mostly to businesses.
- Experience covering Slack, Docker, Dropbox, Asana, or other hot privately-held startups in the business technology space.
- Basic technical chops — you don’t need experience running an IT shop, but you must understand and not be intimidated by specs and acronyms.
- A good understanding of what CIOs and IT managers think about and look for and the issues they’re facing today, like the consumerization of IT and cloud computing.
- A strong sense of skepticism and immunity to hype.
- An open mind and flexible approach to writing and reporting.
- A desire to write for a fast-moving online-only publication — we are not a print magazine and don’t work like one.
If this sounds like your dream job, apply with a resume and cover letter.
This opening is immediate and is based out of our San Francisco office. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
To apply, go here.