Business Insider seeks a strategy reporter
Business Insider’s Strategy vertical strives to help readers be their best selves: professionally, financially, and personally.
Part of that mission is helping readers better understand the news through posts and articles about big personalities, fascinating relationships, and pervasive cultural trends.
Business Insider is hiring a Strategy reporter to make that happen.
Remember when Arby’s sent sandwiches and a puppy to its biggest troll? Do you get a kick out of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett’s 30-year friendship? Did you instantly retweet the kid who ignored Justin Timberlake at the Super Bowl?
These are the types of stories we want to break down, dive into, and share with readers through this role.
We’re looking for someone who’s hungry for news, fluent in memes, and an unabashed celebrity spectator; someone whose eyes are always open for the next cool story and who can move fast to make that story happen. This person is energetic, positive, and excited about taking assignments.
We will consider candidates at various experience levels, but the ideal candidate should:
• have a degree in journalism or experience writing for a news outlet, preferably at a digital publication
• have excellent reporting and writing skills, and the ability to write quickly
• have a knack for telling stories in a relatable and compelling way
• have a demonstrated social media presence
• be ready to write a mix of articles, including short, bite-sized points of news and advice, while also working on reported medium-length and long-form features
To apply, go here.