Business Insider seeks a personal finance reporter
Candidates should be comfortable writing quick stories that high light the most interesting angles of the day’s news, while simultaneously working on reported medium-length and long-form features.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Insatiable curiosity and an ability to identify the heart of a story quickly
- A strong voice and writing style that keeps readers engaged
- An ability to package information in a fresh and original way
- An understanding of digital media and how readers consume news on the web
- Previous writing experience, preferably personal finance or business
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Copy-editing skills, light HTML and Photoshop experience, and knowledge of social media are also useful
- Bachelors degree required, journalism degree and/or background preferred
APPLY HERE with your resume and cover letter telling us why this is your ideal job — and why you are the ideal candidate.
Please note that this full time position requires that you work in our Manhattan office. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.