Business Insider/Insider seek a newsletters editor in UK
Insider Inc. is seeking a UK-based newsletter editor to join its growing newsletters team.
Insider’s suite of newsletters equips curious and action-oriented readers with the information they need to keep the world, and their lives, moving forward. Our newsletter team is collaborative, values a diversity of voices, and is passionate about exploring new and exciting ways to keep readers informed.
The UK-based Newsletter Editor will report to the Head of Newsletters in New York, and will collaborate closely with Insider’s marketing, business intelligence, and editorial teams across the world. The position will be primarily responsible for writing and producing morning newsletters focused on tech, finance and politics, and will play a major role in making these must-read for our global audience.
The position will also entail updating and editing newsletters by US-based writers and editors, assisting in the launch of new newsletters, working to convert newsletter readers into Insider subscribers, and implementing growth strategies to increase readership.
The newsletter editor will have experience writing newsletters for digital media companies or startups. They’ll have great communication skills, a passion for newsletters, and an ability to write about complex topics with voice.
Some other skills that will make a candidate successful in this role:
- General knowledge of the standards and principles of journalism
- Experience with writing and editing newsletters
- Commitment to fair and inclusive storytelling
- Understanding of and experience writing about the US tech, finance and political sectors
- Experience with strategizing growth for newsletters
- Comfortable working independently
- Compassionate and inclusive leadership, including listening to and learning from the teams you work with
- Eagerness to join and help build a growing team
Insider Inc. will be working remotely until July 2021. Until then, the position requires working UK hours, and will be based out of the London office once it has reopened.
If this sounds like your dream job, apply with a single PDF containing your resume/CV and cover letter. Please also include links to five pieces of work in your cover letter. If you’re passionate about this role but don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for, apply, we still want to hear from you!
To apply, go here.