Bloomberg News is looking for a dynamic, versatile, and passionate journalist to join our Breaking News team in Northern Europe. We are one of the world’s biggest financial news organizations, leading the way in covering mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and other market-relevant events, enabling our audience to stay a step ahead of the markets.
As a Breaking News editor you will be the first pair of eyes on any market-moving story out of the Nordics. You will watch the constant flow of information from a range of sources including regulatory wires, company websites and social media; use strong news judgement to decide what actually has potential to move markets; and relay that information in headlines and dispatches as quickly as possible, as clearly as possible, for our real-time clients who trade Nordic equities and three separate currencies. You’ll take the lead on delivering news on a broad range of companies from established consumer names like H&M and Ikea to gaming startups and ESG pioneers. You’ll also play a key role in covering the region’s active equity capital markets and highly competitive central bank decisions, while building your network with colleagues all across the region.
Breaking News editors thrive in a high-pressure environment, aren’t afraid to make split-second decisions, and love surprises. When unexpected news breaks, we will jump in to cover it rather than hang back and wait for someone else to take the first step. We work well with both people and technology. We understand what serious market participants are looking for amid the daily deluge of information, and we’re adept at separating the wheat from the chaff on social media. If this sounds like you, we want you to join our Breaking News team in the Nordics.
We’ll trust you to:
- Make smart, fast and decisive judgement calls on breaking news stories, including M&A, IPOs, corporate earnings, government news and other global events
- Stay poised and focused in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Unearth news from traditional and new-media sources
- Stay on top of major news stories and trends that matter to market participants
- Write potentially market-moving first versions of stories, quickly and accurately
- Collaborate with Bloomberg reporters and editors in the Nordics and across the world
- Be a constructive, flexible, and dependable team player
You need to have:
- Fluency in one or more Scandinavian languages
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of experience covering financial and business news
- Proven skill at collaborating and working across teams to accomplish goals
- Flexibility with hours and assignments. News is unpredictable!
We’d also love to see:
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Familiarity with social media and ability to evaluate the credibility of information from such sources
- Familiarity with automation, machine learning and/or natural language processing
To apply, go here.