Bloomberg Green is looking for an experienced editor to help expand its coverage of climate change and the energy transition.
This is a wide-ranging role meant to focus on how rising temperatures and sea levels are forcing societies, companies, investors and politicians to adapt. At the same time, Bloomberg Green strives to keep a strong focus on the way climate solutions are transforming the world. The climate editor should be skilled at forming stories around climate and energy data, environmental disasters, emerging scientific research and the rapid spread of renewable energy. This is a role in which you will be expected to puncture corporate greenwashing, trace the origins of greenhouse gas emissions, and chronicle the work of activist investors.
The successful applicant will need a proven ability to create and execute stories that have impact across digital, print and Terminal platforms. This role requires an energetic, hands-on editor ready to work with reporters, steer coverage and experiment. Bloomberg Green is both a reporting team within the global Bloomberg newsroom and multiplatform editorial brand responsible for a daily newsletter, a magazine, a dynamic website and more. The climate editor will be expected to drive our reporting and supervise our operations across these platforms.
The reporting team will produce a mix of scoops, hard news and textured enterprise. We need an editor adept at formulating story ideas, line editing the resulting drafts, and exerting control over digital presentation. The successful candidate will supervise a small cluster of climate, sustainability and science reporters and will also be a consummate diplomat as our coverage will depend on close collaboration with many other teams across the newsroom.
You’ll need to have:
- At least five years of editing experience.
- Intimate familiarity with web publishing tools, digital storytelling techniques, the creative use of data visualization, and social channels.
- A boundless drive to overcome any obstacle in the way of delivering complete digital stories.
- Confidence juggling multiple tasks while prioritizing the speed for which Bloomberg is known.
- A drive towards collaboration inside a dynamic, fast-moving newsroom.
- A strong sense of what climate journalism should do right now.
To apply, go here.