Barron’s is looking for a managing editor to oversee digital to drive the impact and audience growth of Barron’s journalism every day.
The successful candidate will be a digitally savvy editor and audience strategist who is self-starting and nimble at juggling multiple projects and priorities. This person will be passionate about and experienced in digital best practices for news publishing and promotion. This editor will be knowledgeable about financial markets, companies and investing. This person will have a proven record of success within a digital newsroom, including working collaboratively with reporters and editors and across departments. This editor will enjoy getting their hands on copy and editing stories.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Drive daily optimization of digital publishing.
- Help drive news planning and assignments.
- Develop and implement strategies for audience growth across multiple platforms.
- Manage daily partnerships, including pitching to growing audience platforms.
- Oversee digitally optimized publishing of major franchises, projects and cover stories.
- Edit and publish stories.
- Oversee publishing on social platforms.
Ideal minimum qualifications:
- At least 5 years experience in a digital newsroom, including experience as an audience editor or news editor.
- Detailed knowledge of SEO, including keyword research and content outlines, and SEO editing.
- Detailed knowledge of multiple audience platforms, including Flipboard, Apple News, and more.
- Experience editing a diverse mix of stories.
- Experience working with both internal and external publishing partners and platforms.
- Experience publishing stories on social platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Experience collaborating with product managers.
- Experience building and managing newsletters.
To apply, go here.